Planetpals Summer Learning
Buy this puzzle!
What's In This Issue:
An Exclusive Collection of Summer Ideas, Tips, Crafts. Eco Friendly and Fun! (for The Nature and Camping Journal go here)
All Roads Lead To Healthy Biking
How and Where to Bike for a Healthier Planet and Healthier People: Tips, Aps, Routes, Safety, More
Friends and family that bike together are green to go
Biking is a great way to help Earth and help stay in shape. It's also a great way to spend time with friends and family and instill good healthy habits in kids. Biking can be a fun filled family activity when you are camping, at the beach, on vacation or just about anytime.
Sometimes, however, it's hard to know where to bike safely...read more
Outdoor Games That Are A Natural for Summer!
It's summer and the idea of keeping kids busy in the yard and at the beach sure comes to mind!
We have a list of fun activities that not only practice the 4r's, but some that are just plain natural. Some of these summer games you can make from recycled materials, others use nothing but that which nature gives us.
Why not try one or all this summer!
...read complete article
Ten Ways To Make Your Summer Camping Experience Greener
Whether you are a first time camper or lifelong lover of the camping experience, these ten ideas will help you make that camping trip greener, cleaner and more natural...Learn more.
Recycle Crafts That Put Red, White and Blue in 4th of July
It's summer and that means patriotic holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
Why not let your next patriotic party decorations be green!
With that in mind, here is a collection of unique and simple recycle craft ideas to help you wave the red white, blue and green on your next patriotic holiday
A Back Yard Archeology Dig is A Natural!
Archeology is a great way to learn about nature and science. So, why not try and archaeological dig this summer at the ocean, park, or in the woods. It's a perfect beach or camping activity. It's a natural!
A Natural Learning Experience For Any Age....Learn more
Upcycle the swing set to a tree house
How to Transform Your Swing Set Into A Tree House For Growing Kids
Playthings swing sets are a great addition to your yard when kids are young, but they soon outgrow them. What do you do then? ...Learn more.
Save WATER Outdoors
Remember it's summer-sprinklers, pools, fun..Don't be a drip!
- Check all outside faucets and sprinkler connections for leaks
- Keep grass at least two inches long to shade roots and hold moisture
- Mulch around gardens and shrubs to reduce evaporation
- Water in sunny areas more frequently than in shady places
- Aerate your lawn regularly to allow air, water, and fertilizer to reach the roots
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways, walks and patios
- Wash your car with a bucket of water, then rinse with a spray nozzle
- Put out rain buckets to water plants (Great project for kids!)
- Have the kids play in a pool instead of under a sprinkler
- Use a pool cover to cut down on water evaporation
- Don't drain your pool, cover it instead
Gas Saving Tips:
- Combine errands, and trips.
- Service your car it will keep it at peak performance
- Go lightly on the gas pedal
- Don't pump your brakes
- Don't idle for long periods of time
- Don't use drive up windows...park and drive in
- Empty the car and trunk of extra items
- Put items in the trunk instead of your roof
- Drive 55 mph instead of 65 (you save 15%!)
- Don't use your air conditioning
- Use your 5th gear whenever possible
- Keep your tires properly inflated
- Buy a Fuel Saver of some kind
- Use the lowest octane gas
- Don't rev your engine
What in the world are we doing to keep the oceans clean?
A fun collection of beach recycle bins from around the world...
See Them All
Planetpals Summer Activities
Planetpals Summer of Love Celebration!
During the Summer Planetpals will feature it's character PEACEPAL as part of "The Summer of Love" at Planetpals.com.
Planetpals International Kids Club has been dedicated to educating kids about peace, with the motto "It's a special world full of special children and everyone is special in their own way", since it's inception in 2001.
But don't fool yourself, it's not just for kids. IKC is a terrific source for peace activities, ideas, and fun facts about world peace for teachers, parents, students...everyone who wants a better world...read complete article
How Green Does Your Garden Grow?
Simple Growing Tips:
- Use packing peanuts for drainage (instead of stones)
- Cover the roots with toilet paper rolls (cut in half) When you plant seedlings in the garden-to keep insects away
- Cover the roots with paper cups (cut out the bottom) When you plant seedlings in the garden- to keep insects away
- Keep a tuna can in the garden to measure weekly watering--it should be 1 inch
- Try packing peanuts instead of soil as Hydro phonics
- You can mix peat moss with other materials to create your own growing medium
- To start seeds using perlite, use a mixture of 1 part perlite and 1 part moistened peat moss
- Cover post with plastic bags, wrap or clear container it helps to retain moisture, and keep the soil from drying out
- Try Water bottle irrigation learn how and get more Green Recycle Gardening Ideas and Crafts for You and your Kids on our gardening page!
Have That Summer Outing In A Greener Place!
15 SIMPLE TIPS when celebrating to help make any summer party GREEN:
No matter where you live, if you are headed for summer fun, think about the planet and being a Planetpal.
Think about what you bring before you bring it, bring it home and dispose of it properly! Don't leave disposables on the beach or in the parks
...Read Complete Article
1,2 3 Summer helpers! Parties, Yard Sales, Cleaning Out. PLANETPALS Has some great assistance for you:
PLANETPALS YARD SALE SIGN
Recycle by having a yard sale--great pro active summer activity for kids. REMEMBER be a PLANETPAL and remove all yard sale signs after your yard sale--don't leave them hanging around town for weeks!
PLANETPALS BOTTLE AND CAN DEPOSIT RECYCLE SIGN
Make a special place at your party for recycle cans and bottles--use this cheerful sign to remind people to deposit their empties there.
PLANETPALS FREE SIGN
That's right--if you leave something reusable curbside--Give it away to someone who can use it--Just place this handy FREE sign and they will know they can take it!
Click each one to download and print.
Summer Calendar Worldwide
2011 International Year of Forests
Read The Forest Journal for more summer and nature Ideas, crafts, activities, more
- World Environment Day - held annually every June 5th. (A UN Holiday)
- World Ocean Day - held annually every June 8th
- German Recycle Day held annually on June 12-13:
- Global Wind Day - (June 15): This day celebrates the enormous benefits of wind power and spread a positive message about wind power
- World Day to Combat Desertification - 17 June (A UN Holiday)
- World Whale Day held annually on June in Australia:
- Summer Solstice (longest day) June 21:
- National Trails Day - held annually on the first Saturday of June (U.S. and Canadian event).
- Great American Backyard Cam pout - held annually in the latter part of June (U.S. event).
- World Population Day - held annually every July 11th.
- National Tree Day (USA)- July 25, 2009
- International Day of the World's Indigenous People - held annually on August 9th.
- Smokey the Bear's Birthday August 9
- International Youth Day - held annually on August 12th.
See Our Year Round Earth Calendar
Summer Flowers Rice Bowl
This is a cheerful dinner--flowers from veggies..try a beach scene
Fruit Art Friends
This collection of fruit art will make eating fruit fun! great for tea party or play dates!
Shapewhiches Shape Kids Up!
Sandwiches cut into shapes makes a fun lunch. Make happy shapes or beachy shapes for summer!
Food Mold Fun Using Ice Trays
Letter fun molds make ice cream sandwiches, and other foods fun!
Ice Cream Sandwich Art
I Scream You Scream We all Scream for these Ice Cream sandwiches! Fun shapes...Use this machine or use molds.
Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwich
An Italian favorite! Pizzelle cookies make a pretty snowflake pattern that kids love. Fill with ice cream and nutella
Jello Aquarium from Rachael Ray
Nothing fishy about this one..jello fun
Summer Recycle Crafts
Make A Bird Flasher Ornament From CD
Directions for making recycled CD Bird Flasher or Ornament to hang outside or in!
Patriotic Recycle Crafts
Make Patriotic Flag and Star
Exclusive Planetpals Let your holiday go green when you wave this recycle flag and star made from simple Popsicle sticks. Directions.
Uncle Sam's Hat
Top the holiday table with this cute Uncle Sam's Hat decoration made with an Oatmeal box--You could make small ones for place cards or favors with toilet paper tubes?
Fire cracker favors
Put a bang in the holiday with these easy toilet paper tube decorations and favors
Patriotic Star Wand
Wave a Popsicle stick and ribbon stars and stripes wand and make the holiday shine
4th of July Recycle Rockets Cute idea for 4th of july...red, white and blue-but very green rockets made from toilet paper rolls.
Nature Themed Recycle Crafts:
Make Natural Painted Rocks
Great Summer fun! Directions and ideas painting rocks and other rock decor
This is a favorite beach project for kids--use recycled gift tissue!
Make a shell mobile and other shell crafts
Make this simple mobile using one string or many
Recycle Sand and Jars--Sand Art
Recipe and Directions. Great for any age group! They can do pictorial art or fill jars. Or you can give them black and white coloring pages to fill
How to have an archeology dig - How to make a dig kit
Planetpals Exclusive! Natural learning for kids!
Make a Campground Take a vacation in your favorite forest by making your own campground with recycle materials
Shoe box Diorama World
This is a favorite Habitat Idea! Convert a shoe-box to a favorite forest or natural place. Teach kids to love the world.
Make a Recycle Bug Jar
Just Buggy! Directions and ideas for Bug Jar made of recycled materials
Make a Recycle Bug Kit
Great Summer fun! Directions and ideas for Bug Kit with journal made of recycled materials
Make a Recycle Butterfly Net
Great fun! Directions and ideas for making a butterfly catching net from recycled materials-plus free printable PP label
Create a Sandcastle that lasts Make this simple recipe using sand, cornstarch, and alum
Plaster of Paris Paperweight molds of your shells into a paperweight
Make a Fossil using Plaster Of Paris-Simple! Display either side of your shell..whichever you think looks best
Make a Recycle Plastic Container Aquarium
Great Summer fun! Directions and ideas for this aquarium and fish learning
For More Crafts go to the Crafts Page
Planetpals Exclusive Crafts:
Free Nature Diary Download:
Beadie Babies Bead crafts:
Exclusive Planetpals Nine instruction patterns in all, one for each Planetpal. Easy to follow directions that show you how to make them out of beads...very cute and lots of fun!
Planetpals Characters Coloring Pages
Exclusive Planetpals Print and use Planetpals coloring art to your crafts or as models for clay projects--extend Eco friendly messages
Get this free four seasons wall chart Download or paper dolls