Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
Other Plastic Container Ideas!
Make many things with plastic containers and a myriad of items you find around the house. We like to save them in a bin and when we have enough--we make something!
Make a Recycle Bug Jar
Just Buggy! Directions and ideas for Bug Jar made of recycled materials
Yogurt Container Dolls
So many adorable ways to adapt yogurt containers and bottles-- Penguins, butterflies. Link: To kokeshi dolls
Recycled Soda Bottle Animals
Great for preschool--make any animals-cute enough to cuddle with...you could also do this with tubes?
Make Snow globes
All you need is a trinket, glitter, jar. Use small toys or ornaments, make it for any day or holiday. See all Planetpals Recycled Holiday Crafts
Recycle Bottle Spaceship
This can be made with bottles big and small-add on flames, fill it with beans so it makes s sound proofing it with plastic bags or packing Styrofoam peanuts
Make a Soda Bottle Fish
This can be a fun summer craft, too! Fill the bottle with colored sand to make another kind of design (see colored sand art on this page)
Plastic Bag Holders From Bottles or Cloth
Learn how to make a grocery bag holder for beach,home, park. Use the plastic one as an upside down planter for herbs! Cloth pattern here, too
Other fish theme crafts:
Make Natural Painted Rock Decor
Great Summer fun! Directions and ideas painting fish rocks and other rock decor
Make this fishy recycle CD craft Great idea for used CD's. Add a string and make a mobile!
Make An Aquarium
Make An Aquarium with Recycle Paper and Plastic Containers
At home or at school this craft is cool!
Have one child or a classroom full of children make "Aquarium", decorate and paint it!
Make your very own toys from recycled items.
Recycle Everyday Objects
Great craft for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project,
|Looking for more interactive things to make here at Earthzone?
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Back to the crafts page
How To Make This Aquarium
Tools needed for the Aquarium :
- Large see-thru plastic container
- Paper cup
- Bottle caps
- paper (we used recycled paper)
- shells (optional)
- glue, tape
1. Fish and Aquarium:
- Clean out the container. We used a store bought cake container.
- Draw Fish Outline:
- we drew fish out of paper using templates (oval and triangle)
- You can also draw them free hand
- We made 2 sizes
- Color and decorate the fish. Color on one or both sides
- Cut out the fish. Cut each separately.
- Tape (or glue) the fish onto the inside of the clear dome. Tape backwards so the art shows
2. Make the fish bowl house:
- We used a cup and a bottle top
- We modeled ours after sponge bob's
- We used a plastic cup-You can use any thing you like: paper tube roll, small milk carton, small box, yogurt cup
- Decorate it
- Glue it in the center
- Surround it with shells (optional)
3. When you have the base and the top complete glue them together.